Tuesday, May 11, 2010

STUDIO D IS OFFICIALLY OPENED


These photos are exclusively for my deshawnlovesmakeup blog folks. These are some of the happenings at the grand opening of Studio D.

It’s a dream come true to finally open my own studio but to share the evening with people I love and who love me just puts everything over the top. I cried many tears of complete joy that night, I was a big baby y’all for real--talk about pass the tissues-hahahaha. Person after person from my past walked through the door to share with me my evening. Some whom gave me breaks, jobs, advice, love and support along the way it was a true "this is your life" kind of moment and it was joyful. The party was filled with photographers, family, fellow makeup artists, video directors, motion picture directors, hair stylists, fabulous fashion stylist, fashion designers and some fabulous new people added to my life just interested in the studio--all of whom I am so proud to call my friends. It was a magical evening, one I will never ever forget that goes straight to my heart.


I must say to my assistant Miss Belinda Keatts I could have never gotten through this without you--thank you so much. To Miss Christine, Miss Tracy, Miss Stephanie who came through in the clutch gurlllllls thank you. To my gurl comedian Robbyne Kaamil--thank you for your crazy self and all those fab announcements. To Make Up Forever for that fabulous red lipstick bar the ladies loved. To Tommy for the signature drink name "Smooth Foundation" I never had that much fun trying to figure out a recipe for a drink in my life—hahaha
To our fabulous alcohol sponsor the amazing Bulldog Gin of London--without you there wouldn't be "smooth" in Smooth Foundation

To everyone involved thank you!!!!



STUDIO D IS OFFICIALLY OPENED



For more information and seminar/workshop schedule please go to http://www.deshawnhatcher.com/



ENJOYING SMOOTH FOUNDATION


I love them

YES LADIES SURROUNDED BY LOVE
The Fellas--My old Crew, Dre, Ray, Rick
I'm the luckiest black gurl in the world
The fabulous designer Rolando Santana and crew


Angie the fab stylist and now creator of MFD a fab directory for artist in the industry
Its about time we have something new to put our names in



MFD Directory

DJ Bill kept the party pumping

I've known him since I was 2 and I love him like a brother


Some of the beautiful ladies enjoying our red lipstick bar
CHERLY ENJOYING OUR RED LIPSTICK BAR COURTSEY OF MAKE UP FOREVER
Miss Christine doing her thing applying those lovely reds--work it lady

1 comment:

  1. Well, well congrats Ms.D. My name is Erika Parks, I attended a make-up symposium at Bennett Career Institute in Wash.Dc when I was a student there. I have recently relocated back to NYC and I am looking forward to my 4 pics'. I am the student who slept in your class the first day do to illness but I also tried to catch my fellow classmates up on the portfolio piece , anyway if you don't remember thats oka. my priority at this point is getting my portfolio right!! I am taking my stateboard for cosmetology here in NYC and afterward I would love to come see the studio so that I may prepare myself for the test shoot. You were very inspirational and I know that I will enjoy working with you on my first 4 pics'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment--much appreciate your reading this blog