Tuesday, August 3, 2010

ADESIGN-SOME OF THE BEST BRUSHES AROUND


I have been fortunate to get an interview with Shana King product developer for Adesign Brushes.  I asked her some questions you guys have been asking me over the years about the company.   Here you go:

 

 My favorite brushes are the foundation brushes. The pointed and flat foundation brushes.  I find they do the job of sponges but they don't soak up the product which saves me money–love that! The flat blends so smoothly as does the pointed.  I get some of the most beautiful finishes whether I am using a liquid or creme base. Why are they so damn good?

First and for most we use the highest grade of synthetic for our foundation brush and the design are all hand made. So MUA can and will feel the difference when using. Secondly, I designed the shapes to compliment the natural contour and shape of the face.

I was thrilled to get a sneak peak of some of the new brushes from Adesign at the Makeup Show this year.   I am in love with the gel liner.   Do you have any more  new brushes coming out, any favorites you can tell readers about?


We have so many things launching late this year. 3 new brushes that include the gel liner, dual fiber finishing eye brush and a great crease brush, an 8 piece essential set as well as a mini skin care set.


Adesign is such a fabulous company with great products and a great set of people working for them  You seem to cater to makeup artist  what's the philosophy behind the brand Adesign?


We are a technical & performance based brush company that creates innovation with a MUA in mind. We/I develop the latest tools that will pair with today's top professional formulas. We offer the best quality at an affordable price. So whether it's a career or hobby, everyone can use and appreciate our brushes.


As a new makeup artist I found this industry expensive–I still do. Does Adesign have any discount programs for up and coming makeup artists or specials pricing or promotions, if so how does a makeup artist apply ?

Since our brand is primarily for MUA, we feel that we have already priced the brushes very competitively although we often offer sales and special show discounts for customers on our email lists. Artists can also call the head office and give their credentials to one of our sales team members to receive wholesale pricing outside of tradeshows.

Shana thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions and a special thank you to Leslie Houck.
Shana King has over 12 years of experience in the cosmetic and beauty industries. For the last 7 years Shana has focused heavily on product development. She loves connecting with people, from top makeup artists to the everyday woman. This allows her to stay ahead of the curve on industry trends and be able to identify what customers want, ultimately creating products that people love to use while also providing a superior application. She is a fabulous lady along with her coworker Miss Leslie Houck



A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ADESIGN
As you can see Adesign is a great company who caters to the professional makeup artist. I'm all about companies that take care of "US" the hard working makeup artists. They have a fabulous blog filled with tips, tricks and yes specials on brushes. Take a minute to stop by Adesign's site and sign up for their wholesale/Tradeshow discount program Come on--who doesn't love a discount http://www.adesignbrushes.com/
These brushes are built to last. Though I have mentioned my ultimate favorites from this line you better believe they have soooo many more great brushes. Prices are reasonable for a brush you could have for years and years. My suggestion if you cannot afford a complete brush set take time to build your brush kit with these brushes--you'll never be sorry



 

So my lovely blog followers thank you so much for being here and taking the time to read this interview-- I'm proud to say there will be more interviews and give-aways coming your way







1 comment:

  1. I got a set at the makeup show this May and loove it! I am definitely going to buy more! I learned a lot through this article! thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment--much appreciate your reading this blog